Ume of Life
A Light, sweet drink with delicate hints of Umami flavour
The perfect drink to pair with vibrant Asian cuisine. Savour a glass among good friends indoors or in the sunshine. This recipe is light, sweet and delicate.
- 40 ml Royal Salute Blended Grain
- 25 ml Akashi-Tai Shiraume Umeshu
- 15 ml Galangal-infused Noilly Prat vermouth*
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass
- Stir and strain
- Pour into the tumbler over an ice block
- * To make the Galangal Noilly Prat, combine 200 ml Noilly Prat vermouth and 25 gr chopped fresh galangal root. Blitz together the Noilly Prat and the softest part of the root (chopped). Leave it to infuse at room temperature for 30 min and then strain it twice with a coffee filter.
At its best…
- Served in a tumbler with a fresh slice of plum. Perfect as a meal accompaniment. Compatible particularly with richly flavoured Asian cuisine.