An Old-Fashioned style serve, with notes of sweet nuttiness
The perfect drink to pair with vibrant Asian cuisine. Savour a glass among good friends indoors or in the sunshine. This recipe is approachable, sweet and nutty.
- 60ml Royal Salute Blended Grain
- 20ml Sesame/ Cubeb honey syrup*
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass
- Stir and strain
- Pour into the tumbler over an ice block
- * To make the sesame/cubeb honey syrup you’ll need 125ml Water, 125gr Honey, 10gr Roasted Black Sesame Seeds and 5gr Cube Pepper. Muddle the cubeb peppercorn inside the container where the infusion will take place. Roast the sesame seeds in a pan until they start to pop and put them in the container for the infusion. Mix together the water and the honey in a pan and heat it until boiling, then pour the syrup into the spice mix and leave it to infuse for 1 hour. Fine strain the syrup to avoid any traces.
At its best…
- Served in a tumbler with lemon oil discard and a sesame stick. Perfect as a meal accompaniment. Compatible particularly with richly flavoured Asian cuisine.