A light & refreshing serve, with a surprising spiced note
The ultimate welcome cocktail. This recipe is light and refreshing, with a spicy kick and garnished with a bay leaf.
- 40ml/1.35fl oz Royal Salute Richard Quinn Edition
- 25ml/0.85fl oz Bay leaf sherry cordial*
- 75ml/2.5 fl oz tonic water
- *To make the bay leaf sherry cordial:
- Pour 300ml dry sherry in a pan, add 10gr dried bay leaves and 6gr crushed white pepper, let it simmer for 10 min. Strain the mix to separate the leaves and the pepper from the sherry, then coffee filter strain the infused sherry to make it clear. Add 180gr caster sugar and 4gr citric acid to the sherry and stir it to dissolve. Yield: 300 ml
- Combine in a Royal Salute branded tumbler over ice
- Top with tonic water
At its best…
- Served in a tumbler with a single cube of ice and garnished with a bay leaf. Light and refreshing with a spicy kick, this is the ultimate welcome cocktail.